Sunday, December 16, 2012

School's out for the summer!

Hey Everyone!

School is done now, and I can't say enough HOW GRATEFUL I am to have gotten the chance to teach here in New Zealand. I have learned so much from my teacher and I know I going to be a better teacher once I get home. I have learned a lot about managing and classroom and ways to effectively evaluate children. I've also learned how to incorporate physical education throughout the entire day. The teachers here teach every subject, so I learned cool ways to teach P.E., music, art and drama. 

The last day of school was so hard for me. I love the kids here and I've grown so close to all of them. I got a lot of gifts and cards on the last day and there were a ton of tears all day long. I'm so glad I created such a bond with each and every one of my students, even though it made it borderline impossible to leave them on Tuesday. The last day, we got to make Christmas cookies and watch the video the kids made me. I will miss them all so much! 

Here are some pictures of my awesome kiddos!











This is a picture of the very special necklace I got from Mr. Guillians, the grounds keeper here. He carved it himself out of bone! It's a traditional Maori symbol meaning, "New Beginnings." I absolutely LOVE it! So incredible. 


I am so grateful to my parents, Iowa State and the teachers at the Terrace School for letting me have this AMAZING experience! Thank you SO much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment